[BioRuby] New version announcement? Was: Unit tests

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Mon Jan 16 10:13:36 EST 2006

On 2006/01/13, at 7:40, Trevor Wennblom wrote:

> Toshiaki Katayama wrote:
>> BioRuby 0.7.0 release with Ruby 1.8.2 or later should pass all tests,
>> although the CVS version often breaks.

Sorry, it was my fault.

I supposed that 0.7 series are not yet stable and released for developers,
but I should make an announcement on the list.

0.7 includes many improvements
- a new bioruby shell (command line interface for BioRuby)
- many documents have been converted to RDoc format
- many unit tests have been added
- many fixes

However, there are some backward incompatibilities, for example,
BioRuby 0.7 may not run with Ruby 1.6.*.

See doc/Changes-0.7.rd file for more details.

Regards,
Toshiaki Katayama