[BioRuby] bioruby genome browser?

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Thu Jan 12 09:47:31 EST 2006

Dear Todd,

Sorry for my delay in responding.

http://gb.bioruby.org/ is defunct as the backend server crashed in 2003 (or was 2002?).
It was written in Ruby using BioRuby, GD, libplot libraries and
all the GenBank data was stored in MySQL with a original schema.

After that, I'm using GBrowse for my site at http://das.hgc.jp/ for this purpose.
I'm still interested in to have genome visualization functionality in BioRuby or
in the BioRuby shell, however, it would need some time to implement.
It would also be nice to utilize DAS sources and/or BioPerl's GFF schema in it,
but it should also have unique characteristics compared with GBrowse to find a niche.

Regards,
Toshiaki Katayama