[Bioperl-pipeline] Let me introduce myself

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:56:07 +0800 (SGT)

> I thought I would take time to introduce myself as I will probably be
> hanging around on this list, mostly asking for help but as I become
> more confident with bioperl, and the pipeline in particular, hopefully
> providing some assistance also.

Hi Sean, great to hear that second part, we'd be very happy to have more
developers!

> At the moment I am setting up the pipeline on a single machine, but in
> the near future we will have access to a 150 processor linux cluster
> which I would like to place the pipeline on, so I have a lot to learn
> in a relatively short space of time.

A linux cluster is what BioPipe is really written for, and genome
annotation is what we have been concentrating the most since we are
annotating the genome of Ciona Savignyi with it at the moment, so no
problems there.

I would suggest you to make sure that you get LSF as the load sharing
software for the cluster, which will make your life with BioPipe on a
cluster much easier. You can also go with PBSPro, or SGE but we have less
experience with those, so in other words if there is one software we paid
for and are happy to have paid for, that's LSF...

We are here, just shout whenever you need help. There is a few more
people, such as Bala and Juguang, joining forces on developing BioPipe, so
hopefully you will see it shaping up and being refined often.

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *