[Bioperl-pipeline] Annotation example error

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:59:31 +0800 (SGT)

> I tried removing the ensembl branch of bioperl-live from my path and
> got an error about not being able to locate Bio/Annotation.pm, the
> example code obviously needs this.

Annotation has gone out of the window in the latest main trunk of
bioperl-live, that's why you had this problem...

...finally Ensembl has sorted out its new schema and branch, so we can now
work with bioperl-live only, which will make life a lot easier. Give us a
week or two and we should probably have examples,etc. working on the main
trunk of ensembl and bioperl and no more annoying problems like those
above....

> The biopipe website mentions that genscan will be implemented shortly,
> this is the next logical step for us also, so I was wondering how
> imminent is this, is it a matter of days, weeks, or months?

Actually genscan, genewise, and a lot of protein analysis is already
implemented, we just haven't gotten around to providing a full blown
example yet, but you can run them in your pipeline, as we've been running
them for a while and they are all committed to bioperl-run.

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *