[Bioperl-pipeline] Re: Converter & filter

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:58:32 +0800 (SGT)

> 1. Maybe we can have a method get_filtered_features() as the input method to
> these module
>     which calls get _all_similarity_features_above_score.

Sounds good, make sure it takes as argument some kind of parameter so that
we can apply different filters if we want to.

> 2. We have to store these protein id and contig,start,end pair somewhere
> right?? prior to be fetched by the genewise input
> method???? where do we store them??

No they are in memory and are stored directly as input for
genewise. I just realised the simplest way to do that is to use as Output
IOHandler the bioperl-pipeline InputAdaptor, and simply use a store
method there! :)

> 3. why do we need the  "contig,start,end" information?? I thought the
> repeat_masked_seq and the protein should suffice for the genewise??

Yes, the repeatmasked_seq but not of the whole scaffold, otherwise
genewise will run forever, only, the regions around the filtered hits.

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *