[Bioperl-l] Writing and retrieving Genbank files from BioSQL

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 23 21:11:07 UTC 2014

I do think Roy is correct in saying this could be set as annotation.  In my opinion I would like Seq-pertinent information (alphabet, circular, mol type) at the level of the sequence.  At least, to me that makes more sense, as it describes information directly relevant about the sequence itself, whereas to me annotation are more about the sequence record (pubs, taxonomy, etc).  But I’m probably splitting hairs.

BTW I agree re: SQLite support in bioperl-db.  However, bioperl-db uses a home-grown ORM, so this would entail creating a SQLite-specific DB loader.  The intent has been to move bioperl-db over to a consistent ORM (DBIx::Class) that would easily allow this, but that GSoC project didn’t have takers :P

chris