[Biojava-dev] today's update

Andy Law (RI) andy.law at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 2 08:45:03 UTC 2009

On 2 Sep 2009, at 03:51, Mark Schreiber wrote:

> I think the demos apps and docs dirs are all badly out of date and
> should be
> dropped. Going forward material like this should go to the wiki.

Docs should get autogenerated from the javadoc. Maven will do this for
you (maven-javadoc-plugin, goal site:site).

I would argue that the demos are (will be) useful to newcomers. There
is nothing like code to get you to understand how the bits fit
together. Wiki pages just don't cut it for me. Plus, with maven and a
decent set of test routines you can be certain that your demos are up-
to-date going forward. But then I'm *not* volunteering to make sure
that the demos actually work from the off so my opinion counts for
nothing :o}

Later,

Andy
--------
Yada, yada, yada...
Scotland, with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are
addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies
and inform the sender.