[Open-bio-l] SCS2014 - Extended abstract submission deadline - May 9th

ISCBSC announcement volunteers at iscbsc.org
Wed Apr 23 11:34:05 UTC 2014

​​*ISCB Student Council Symposium 2014, Boston, USA.*

Dear Colleagues,
We are pleased to announce that the call is now open for the submission of
abstracts to the 10th ISCB Student Council Symposium, to be held on the 11
of July 2014 in Boston, USA, as a satellite meeting of the International
Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB).
The Student Council Symposium is a forum for students, post docs, and young
researchers in the fields of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
Participants will have the opportunity to present their work to an
international audience of young scientists, build a network within the
computational biology community and develop important soft skills in
an environment that fosters exchange of ideas and knowledge.
We encourage you to submit an abstract to showcase your work at the
Symposium’s poster session. As the central part of our symposium, 10
abstracts will be selected for an oral presentation. Awards will be given
to outstanding posters and presentations. Travel fellowships will be
available and candidates with accepted abstracts will be invited to apply.

*Important Dates:*
May 9, 2014: Abstract submission deadline
May 16, 2014: Acceptance notifications
May 23, 2014: Travel fellowship deadline
June 4, 2014: Travel fellowship acceptance notification
July 11, 2014: Student Council Symposium

Submit your work at http://scs2014.iscbsc.org/scs14-call .
For updates and news, keep an eye on symposium website
http://scs2014.iscbsc.org/ .

We look forward to receiving your abstract.

On behalf of the SCS organizers,
Farzana Rahman (Chair)
Tomás Di Domenico (Co-Chair)