[Open-bio-l] CALL FOR ISMB 2014 ART AND SCIENCE WORKS

ISCBSC announcement volunteers at iscbsc.org
Wed Apr 23 12:12:46 UTC 2014

 [image: logo]  [image: 1]

******** CALL FOR ISMB 2014 ART AND SCIENCE WORKS **********

*Deadline: May 9, 2014*

Submission website:
https://www.iscb.org/ismb2014-submission/ismb2014-artandscienceexhibition

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/artNscienceISMB?ref=hl

Dear ISCB Members and Colleagues,

ISMB/ECCB brings together scientists from a wide range of disciplines,
including biology, medicine, computerscience, mathematics and statistics.
In these fields we are constantly dealing with information in visual form:
from microscope images and photographs of gels to scatter plots, network
graphs and phylogenetic trees, and visual aids for problem-solving are
omnipresent.

For the ISMB 2014 Art & Science Exhibition the organizers invite all
interested conference attendees to submit such images and videos that have
been generated as part of a research project. They are also soliciting
images and videos resulting from creative efforts that involve scientific
concepts or employ scientific tools and methods. All cover images produced
by researchers for scientific journals are welcome as well. A cash award
may be given for the winning image as voted by conference attendees.

Attend this exciting event to surprise and inspire us, to open our eyes and
minds!

*Deadlines* Monday, October 14, 2013
Call for Art & Science Exhibiton Opens  Friday, May 9, 2014
*Artwork Submission Deadline* Friday, May 16, 2014
Art & Science Exhibition Acceptance Notification

We look forward to receiving your submission,

The Art and Science Organizing Committee.