[Open-bio-l] Automated testing server; was [BioRuby] tutorial

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Fri Mar 4 21:09:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Andreas Prlic wrote:

> > You mean it runs the unit tests itself? Hmm - that may not fit with
> > type of Amazon machine Chris D is renting for testing.open-bio.org
> > (buildbot doesn't do any heavy lifting - a separate pool of slaves
> > run the unit tests).
>
> Yes, running junit tests is part of the Maven release process. (you
> can only make a release if the code compiles and all tests are
> passed). Since Java is coming with its own VM, we don't need to test
> on all possible architectures. Considering this, perhaps it would be
> sufficient to redirect http://testing.open-bio.org/biojava/ to
> http://source.rcsb.org:8080/cruisecontrol/  ...

Hello Andreas,

Hudson/Jenkins/Nectar/whatever you want to call it has support for build
slave instances, with Amazon EC2 cloud support and such.  Perhaps it might
be possible to set it up on testing.open-bio.org and farm out to rcsb.org
and/or other sites.

http://cloudbees.com
http://nectar.cloudbees.com
http://jenkins-ci.org