[Open-bio-l] Automated testing server for BioJava?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:23:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Just FYI, the OBF have a new (Amazon cloud) server running at
http://testing.open-bio.org which we are currently using to host
a buildbot for Biopython. Currently Tiago and I (from Biopython)
have been tinkering with this with help from Chris Dagdigian
on the sys-admin/cloud side.

The idea is that similar services could be setup for the other
Bio* projects (using buildbot or some other software), if you
are interested.

Note that this is a low power server and it is not intended to
be used to run tests itself - that is a job for separate build
slave machines (which should cover a range of OS,
python/java/perl/ruby versions etc).

For further discussion, can I point you here:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/open-bio-l/2011-March/000743.html

See also this BioRuby thread:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby/2011-March/001720.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby/2011-March/001734.html