[Open-bio-l] Toolkits and the new eutils policies

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 18:31:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> I'll cc this for the others in BioPerl, Biopython, Bioruby,
> Ensembl, etc so they know and can pass it around.
> Thanks Eric, happy to have that clarified.
>
> chris

Thanks Chris (& Eric),

Looks like we are fine as things stand: continue to
encourage the user to set the email (with a warning
if omitted), and try to encourage them to override the
tool parameter if appropriate (e.g. if part of a larger
application like a Galaxy workflow).

[I don't see any point in forcing people to invent
tool names for each of their one off Entrez scripts,
or interactive sessions - defaulting to BioPerl etc
here seems sane]

Peter