[Open-bio-l] Re: [Biohackathon] Apple contact

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:45:04 +0800 (SGT)

> It will depend though on your application mix if the price/performance
> is going to be reasonable.  Some groups will benefit and others may be
> better off with linux-on-intel. We've advised some people to go with
> Apple and others to stay away.

The other option of course if one is not too scared of system integration
is to mix the two... anyway as I mentioned I'd be really interested to
hear some insider's info on how good bad it is for bionformatics...

Elia

> -Chris
>

> Elia Stupka wrote:
>
> >Hello guys,
> >
> >I might soon be putting in an order for a medium-size cluster for
> >bioinformatics. Among the options I'd like to look into the new Apple
> >XServe. I was wondering if somebody could dig up contacts of Apple people
> >that wanted to donate laptops to hackathon people, to see if they would be
> >interested into this here in Singapore...
> >
> >Elia

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *