[Open-bio-l] BioSQL schema: some questions

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:50:44 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> > molecule = where it came from (eg mRNA)
> >
> > alphabet = how it is encoded (DNA/RNA etc)
> >

> Shouldn't then molecule be an attribute of Bioentry? Likewise, shouldn't alphabet be added to Bioentry?

One would hope these are both biosequence properties, in partuclar the
alphabet

> > Shouldn't there
> > >
> > > pass
> > >

> > Not dbref.dbnames will be biodatabase.name, in particular in
> > things like
> > swissport which going link-tastic v. quickly.
> >

> Sorry. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Swissprot has alot of DR lines with alot of databases, most of which one
does not want to instatiate a database entry for (although one
could...) each which has it own pecularities about id tracking.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.