[MOBY-l] how to query moby for information

Kuan Yang yangkuan81 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 21:06:28 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I am new to using BioMoby so what I am asking might be naive, however,
I really could not find any information on how to do it.

Let's consider this example,

If I have a piece of information, say GI, I want all information I can
get about this GI from BioMoby, namely all the services that can take
it as input.

I tried to use featureclient in the jMoby package but it looks like it
has some filtering so it will only query some predefined services.

After I remove the filtering, I will get a Lot of errors.

Some of the error messages are saying, I need to provide more
input/parameters. So my question is, how do I know what other required
inputs are, in terms of datatypes and namespaces? Is there some
description/document on each service?

Thanks

Kuan