[MOBY-l] Services accepting multiple inputs

Ola Spjuth ola.spjuth at farmbio.uu.se
Thu Apr 3 10:00:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

If a service accepts a single object as input, and delivers a single
object as output (like MOBYSHoundGetGenBankff) it would be convenient
if you were able to send a list of simple objects and get a list back
with result objects. I understand if this is not possible (by
design), and yes this was my question.

I suppose it would be possible to set up another version of the
service that accepted a MobyDataComposite containing an arbitrary
number of wrapped MobyDataObject, and delivers a MobyDataComposite as
output, containing an arbitrary number of objects? This means you
need 2 different services to accommodate for the case of one input
object and another for many inputs, and the situation is left to
service providers and not handled by Moby. Is this a correct
observation?

On Apr 3, 2008, at 10:47 , Andreas Groscurth wrote:

> [snip]
> maybe there is a way, as Mark apparently indicates, but i cant see
> how shall work....

Yes, I am also curious to hear about that!

Cheers,

    .../Ola