[MOBY-l] The idea of namespaces !!!

maliha aziz maliha.aziz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 00:47:07 UTC 2007

Hi
I am a little confused about namespaces ... would really appreciate it if someone could help me out...
In biomoby namespaces are actually Identifier spaces... For my webservice that I am going to register in BIOMOBY I am thinking of declaring a namespace cluster ID ... this would be basically the namespace of one of my variables i.e. clusterID .Now I also have a variable called Splice Variant. This variable is a boolean and tells us whether the cluster contains a splice variant or not. Now what to do with this variable. Does it have it own namespace or should I change the clusterID namespace into something general that would be good enough for both.These were some of the thoughts running through my mind.
 I have opened and gone through the namspaces file contained in biomoby (through dashboard) quite a number of times since the past 6 months.What confuses me is that i see namespaces (in biomoby)   for example

Name:    EcoliCommunity
Auth:      www.ecolicommunity.org
Desc:    A comprehensive K-12 information resource for experimentation and modeling through interoperation with exisitng datasources and warehousing other key data.

which would be providing a very abstract source of anything they would contain.
On the other hand I see namespaces (in biomoby) like

\u003cbr style\u003d\"color:rgb(204, 51, 204)\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:rgb(204, 51, 204)\"\>Auth:    \u003ca href\u003d\"http://www.arabidopsis.org/\" target\u003d\"_blank\" onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\"\>\nwww.arabidopsis.org\u003c/a\>\u003c/span\>\u003cbr style\u003d\"color:rgb(204, 51, 204)\"\>\n\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:rgb(204, 51, 204)\"\>Desc:    Splice variant identifier from the Arabidopsis Genome Initiative.\u003c/span\>\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>that have specifically made a namespace for their splice variant.\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Therefore\nI ama bit undecided about whether we should have a single namespace\nfor both or that a BIPASS_CLUSTERID would be the source of clusters and\nBIPASS_SPLICEVARIANT would be the source of whether a cluster  possess\na variant or not.\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Once again your guidance and explanation is needed in this confusion
 situation.\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Thanks\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Regards\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Maliha Aziz \u003cbr\>\n\u003c/span\>\u003c/span\>\n",0] ); D(["ce"]);  //-->  Name:    AGI_SpliceVariant
Auth:     www.arabidopsis.org
 Desc:    Splice variant identifier from the Arabidopsis Genome Initiative.

that have specifically made a namespace for their splice variant.

Therefore I ama bit undecided about whether we should have a single namespace for both or that a BIPASS_CLUSTERID would be the source of clusters and BIPASS_SPLICEVARIANT would be the source of whether a cluster  possess a variant or not.

Thanks

Regards

Maliha Aziz