[MOBY-l] [moby] Question about Object Ontology

Sean Zhou xsz7001 at genomecenter.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 7 20:13:54 UTC 2006

Dear Mark,

Thanks a lot for answering my question. At this stage I don't want to write a
script to retrieve the ontologies through API. So, the "Fast" way you
suggested is more suitable for my current interest. But unfortunately, the
url (http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects/) you
provided didn't give me the object ontology file that I wished to download.

I've also tried the CVS-> moby-live
(http://cvs.open-bio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/moby-live/?cvsroot=biomo
by). But not sure which one I should dig into. The object ontology is
definitely I want. Also, I wonder whether there is a service-ontology too.

I found on the BioMOBY homepage that Mr. Yan Wong has developed an Object
Ontology browser for Windows
(http://biomoby.open-bio.org/index.php/moby-clients/ontology_clients ). But
the username and password didn't work. This problem actually has been
mentioned in the previous discussion (
http://biomoby.org/pipermail/moby-l/2005-July/002612.html). But it is not
solved.

Anyway, I would really appreciate if you or some other experts of BioMOBY can
help me with these questions.

Thanks a lot.

Sean