[MOBY-l] [moby] Question about Object Ontology

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Mar 7 17:26:06 UTC 2006

=================
The Official way:

The "retrieveResourceURLs" API call of MOBY Central (implemented in both
the Perl and the Java clients, I believe) will give you the URL's from
which you can download the various MOBY ontologies.
http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Docs/MOBY-
S_API/XMLPayloads.html#retrieveResourceURLs
===================

===================
"Fast" (but not supported) way:

At the moment, the Object ontology is at:
http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects/
====================

The ontologies are returned in RDF, and can be viewed in any RDF-capable
viewer.  There are some tools in the MOBY CVS that are specifically
designed to browse/edit the ontologies - e.g. Martin Senger's MOBY
Dashboard.  Which tool you chose depends on what you need to use the
ontologies for, I guess...

Hope that helps!

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 12:06 -0500, Sean Zhou wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I am a new comer for BioMOBY. I have two questions related to Object Ontology
> in BioMOBY.
>
> 1) Where can I download Object Ontology?
>
> 2) What tool shall I use to view it?
>

> Thank you very much for the help.
>

> Best,
>

> Sean

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future