[MOBY-l] MobyDataSetInstance vs MobyDataSimpleinstance

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 12:47:51 UTC 2005

> I suppose MobyPrimaryDataSet is the answer to my question.

   Yes, That was my guess, too :-)

> The main difference between Instance and Primary - for communicating
> with Moby Central

   Well, the Instance should never really be used for communicating with
Central in the first place. Either Primary is good enough, or we can fix
it. But not by just adding new class doing similar thing.

> is the presence of different serializations for talking with Central
> versus executing a service

   Yes, Instance should be used in time of executing a service. Or calling
a service, I am not sure now (I nbever wrote any BioMoby service myself,
yet :-)).
   But I may still be a bit confused. So my question is still here: Could
you or could you not to use MobyPrimaryDataSet to create a service
template and use it for finding matching services in a registry?

   Cheers,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger