[MOBY-l] (no subject)

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 21:30:32 UTC 2004

> Right now I am trying to work with the Java classes, Like Paul Gordon
> suggested me(Xerces downloading...).

   Xerces is part of the CVS (once you bild everything). If the version
there does not work, we need to find why and replace it. (I have still one
unanswered email from Ninan about perhaps something similar.) If you start
using a different xerces, you will never stay compatible with jMoby
CVS. So my suggestion is: do not download xerces but find what wrong with
the existing one. (This is a suggestion for Paul, as the class author, not
for you, Gustavo.)

> I noticed when i tryed to compile the class Example with jMOBY.jar
> provided by the separated version that this jar is not updated with
> respect to classes on the CVS just like the documentation...

   If you use CVS, it always use the latest classes. Do not use any
jMOBY.jar taken from somewhere else. But perhaps I did not fully
understand this point.

> Well... i have another question...
> what if I want to call another service with the answer recently got with
> previous service? In that case, i need to use some API like JDOM(or
> similar in PERL) to get the interesting information to build another XML
> or exist another way to connect the output of the first service with the
> input of the second?

   Yes, you need an XML parser - and jdom.jar is part of CVS (again, once
you build there everything).
   Remember, however, that both input and output moby data are wrapped in
the same envelope - so, unless you want to extract information from this
envelope, such as crosss-references, you can just pass the output of one
services directly as an input to another service without even looking into
it.

   Cheers,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger