[MOBY-l] (no subject)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Nov 11 20:49:39 UTC 2004

>Well... i have another question...
>what if I want to call another service with the answer recently got with
>previous service? In that case, i need to use some API like JDOM(or
>similar in PERL) to get the interesting information to build another XML
>or exist another way to connect the output of the first service with the
>input of the second?
>Somebody has a sample file(Java or Perl) that do some near to my question.

This is basically what the CGI client does
(http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca).  The (perl) code for that client is
distributed as part of the Gbrowse package.  If you prefer, I can grab a
copy of just the client code and mail it to you directly.
(gbrowse: http://www.gmod.org/ggb/)

In addition, Taverna (http://taverna.sourceforge.net) will do that for
you through a pretty GUI :-)

Unless you really need to build your own client, you might find it more
useful to use one of the existing tools, or tweak them to suit your
situation.