[MOBY-l] Re: namespace

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Wed Jan 28 17:07:36 UTC 2004

I'm not sure I understand the question...I'll try to answer and you can
reply for more info.

An object belongs to a particular namespace
<Object namespace=AGI_LocusCode id=At3g19100/>
belongs to AGI_LocusCode. Sometimes you might see the namespace might being
left blank if it's not important (such as for the Integer object inside
a GenericSequence).

I wouldn't really say a service belongs to a namespace, rather we say it
accepts objects from particular namespaces. Or a service might accept
objects of a certain type from any namespace if the namespace isn't
important (such as BLAST: can accept a DNA seq from any namespace so
the namespace isn't generally critical info for BLAST).

Ken