revisiting AGRICOLA in GO.xrf_abbs (was RE: [MOBY-l] NameSpac e for AGRICOLA? (fwd))

Vijay Narayanasamy VNarayan at mail.brc.mcw.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:45:12 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Thanks Barbara for the explanation. What Mike and Suparna are referring to
AGRICOLA id is in fact the "AGRICOLA accession number" (MARC TAG 016).

But still I feel that from an "Information Retrieval" angle I do not know
how to get the accession numbers for a given query?

Only then I can use those accession numbers for retrieval of the records
from the database.

Currently I can retrieve the "bib" number (MARC TAG 035) for a given query
(using a parser). I can use those "bib" numbers for forming a URL to
uniquely retrieve a record.

Also I want to use the publicly available AGRICOLA. I do not want to use a
subscription service like Community of Science (COS).

I would like to have a Namespace for AGRICOLA for this purpose.

Vijay