[MOBY-l] sample code of Central.call method

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 4 09:42:19 UTC 2003

> Would you give me a sample program of
> Central.call(methodName, inputXML) method?

   The 'call' method is there as a possibility to do things that you
cannot do otherwise with the Java API. All major features of Biomoby
registry are reachable using the other method of the API.
   The good thing about the 'call' method is that you can call whatever
you wish, the bad thing is that you need to know what 'inputXML' is
required and you need to provide it in XML (and not just like method
parameters as with other methods).
   An example is to call method DUMP (which is not available in the API
per se):
   Central.call ("DUMP", null);
or doing the same from the command-line:
   ./run-cmdline-client -call DUMP

   Another example (with argument) is this:

 Central.call ("retrieveService",
               "retrieveService><Service authURI=\"www.illuminae.com\""+
               "serviceName=\"PBI_Cluster_Blast\"/></retrieveService>");
But you can get the same by calling:
   Central.getServiceWSDL ("PBI_Cluster_Blast", "www.illuminae.com");

   Other people were using 'call' method for calling their services (and
not the Biomoby registry at all) - the XML input depends on the what the
service expects. Folks, anybody has an example?

   Regards,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger