[MOBY-l] How to use Moby services in Java

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 06:58:50 UTC 2003

> But when I try to access the service from the moby interface, I couldn't
> reach it. It searches for a long time and says that the service is not
> available.

   I am afraid that I cannot help here because I have never called a
service using the biomoby UI you mentioned (actually I even do not know
where to find it).
   My suggestion would be to call your service first without any
connection to or interaction with the biomoby (let me know if you need
help with this part - here I may know how to help). When this call works
succesfully and returns something similar to an Moby object, you may start
to investigate what the biomoby UI does and what does not (Mark is
probably the right person here).

> I don't know if I'm missing any point.

   Just to make it clear (as far as I understand it): calling and using a
service is independent on the service registration with the biomoby
central. You may use your service without any registration with biomoby
and you can register your service without using it at all.

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger