[MOBY-l] thinking about provision info and authoritative service providers

Gudmundur Arni Thorisson mummi at cshl.edu
Mon Oct 28 17:27:06 UTC 2002

   I would like to express my support for some sort of version system
provided by MOBY, for service providers to use if they want. For instance,
  we here at CSHL, as part of our SNP consortium data coordinating work,
would, in the near future, want to have a service that provides
information and/or actions on SNPs, haplotypes and related items. In such
a scenario, I myself would very much like to be able to say that a
particular SNP or haplotype is of a particular version or build, as things
like haplotypes would be defined by ever-changing set of underlying SNP
genotypes. IF there were a mechanism in MOBY to do just that => excellent,
  I'd use that!

         Mummi, CSHL
Gudmundur Arni Thorisson, bioinformatics researcher
Steinlab, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
w-phone#: 516-367-6904
w-fax#:   516-367-8389
1 Bungtown Road