[MOBY-l] thinking about provision info and authoritative service providers

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 19:33:51 UTC 2002

> All joking aside, though, I personally don't think this is something
> that we necessarily want to build into MOBY itself.

   Okay, my misunderstanding. My impression was that you wanted something
like that. So I offered the cheapest solution. But not because I advocate
to have such feature in Moby central.

> >    The question is what the service providers will do with different
> > versions of their services.
>
> currently, they simply change the database without telling you...

   Again a misunderstanding, now, pegaps, on your side. I was talking
about "versions of their services". And you seem to talk about the
versions of the data (or objects, or databases, or whatever enter the
service, or whatever is used by a service). My whole point was to say that
it would be difficult, or perhaps even impossible, for Moby central to
deal with versions of services. I was not talking at all about Moby
objects (mainly because I still need some time to clarify to myself my
opinion on the Moby objects generally).

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger