[MOBY-l] MOBY now running at Canadian Bioinformatics Resources (CBR)

mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Aug 29 20:46:39 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I've finished setting things up at CBR, so both MOBY Central and the
simple CGI client program are now running from there.  I will update the
website links soon.

I kept a log of everything that I did while setting up MOBY Central and
will post that to the list as well as archive it somewhere in the
documentation on the website.  This was very much a from-scratch setup,
I was starting with a bare Solaris machine, no webserver, no database
server, no Perl modules... nada!  That means I have a pretty clear idea
now of the dependancies of the Perl version of the registry.  I also ran
into a couple of small problems with differences between perl 5.6 and
5.8, so all the code will now run under both.

So... sit tight and I'll get this documentation out ASAP.  I'll also
write documentation on how to set up services next week.

The new location of the client is:
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY-Client.cgi

Let me know if you want direct access to the database and I'll set you
up with an account.  The database is at this address also.

MY DESKTOP VERSION WILL SOON DISAPPEAR!!  Our entire lab is moving into
a new building in a few days, so there will be at a minimum a couple of
days down-time, but probably larger changes in IP addresses and
whatnot.  Don't rely on any of the old addresses to continue working
after next week.  The MOBY services that are running out of
bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca will also go down over that time (e.g. Blast) so ...
sorry!

Cheers everyone!

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com