[MOBY-l] UDDI vs. WS-Inspection vs roll-your-own

Jason E. Stewart jason at openinformatics.com
Sun Aug 25 18:35:38 UTC 2002

"Phillip Lord" <p.lord at russet.org.uk> writes:

>   Mark> Phillip Lord wrote:
>   >> I guess my approach to experimentation, is use a standard until
>   >> you know that it is broken, or just will not do what you want it
>   >> to.
>
>   Mark> Possibly.  It seems more likely, however, that you will limit
>   Mark> your thinking to only those things that you know the standard
>   Mark> can handle ;-)
>
> Actually I think I would agree with this!

Another key point in this case is that UDDI, is anything but a
standard. It's a bunch of high-profile organizations coming up with a
set of guidelines they hope to make into a standard.

Fine, but there are other ways to do things. I agree with Mark's
approach - a little diversity here is a good thing.

> My liver hasn't recovered from ISMB yet, and my digestive
> system is still in shock over the Canadian approach to vegetarianism
> (you get a potato with your grilled cow). I'm sure that more beer will
> happen soon though!

I found it hard to tell the cows from the bison from the wooly
mammoths ...

jas.