[MOBY-dev] my fault

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 00:50:26 UTC 2009

> Please wait until I can check it (see my previous email) - [which will be
> on Monday 26th when I am back in the office at IRRI]. When I see it I will
> remember why it is this way and not the other one :-)

The "normal" way to unregister an entity is by using the right-click popup
menu. It is used consistently anywhere where there is a list of entities.
Which is not the case for services (there is no list of all services in this
panel) - and, therefore, the service panel has a separate "Unregister"
button.

I am not in favour to add the "Unregister" button to other subpanels. If we
do that, we should remove it from the popup menu (otherwise it would be
confusing to have two alternatives to do the same thing). But removing it
from the popup menu will change the current functionality without a really
good cause. People may be used to use this way and when it suddenly
disappears, they may be confused.

I do not see this, perhaps inconsistent, look&feel a big issue, therefore, I
suggest to keep it as it is.

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org