[MOBY-dev] Changing only the description of an ontolgy entry

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 26 16:01:51 UTC 2009

> I agree here with Martin ... i dont want to change anything which will
> change the LSID and therefore which might change any dependencies - in
> my case its ONLY the description.
I respectfully disagree: the description is the *essence* of the data
type.  Otherwise the data type is just a random assortment of fields
with no implied meaning in the real world, and therefore useless.  If
you change the description, you change the version, even if you think
its minor, others may not.

I agree that you should be able to change it without deregistering
though, that's a major flaw...