[MOBY-dev] Changing only the description of an ontolgy entry

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:16:03 UTC 2009

> So is there a way to change the description of an entity without going the
> long, stony way ?

No, there is no such way in the BioMOBY API. I agree with you that it is
paintful as it is now. The only thing we (you :-) ) can do is to write a
Java method that does the whole long procedure for you, hidden from the
end-users. But the quetsion is how safe such procedure can be (because
during its run, the repository state is changed).

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org