[MOBY-dev] Cleaning the registry

Pierre-Yves Chibon py at pingoured.fr
Tue Jan 6 09:37:26 UTC 2009

Andreas Groscurth wrote:

> This means 53% of all registered datatypes are not used - and 50% of all
> Namespaces !!!
>
> How do you think about cleaning the registry once in a while and erase
> unsused datatypes and namespaces ?
>
> Of course they might be useable for a service provider someday, but for
> the sake of clarity I would suggest to do that. Cleaning both would
> reduce the number of entries by more than the half, which would result
> in smaller, more compact, better understandable and better browsable
> ontologies.
>
> What do you think ?

For the theory, I think this is good idea but why not start by mailing
the owner of the datatypes/namespaces to tell them that their creation
is not used. I think that would be the first step before removing
anything :)

Could you provide the list of the datatypes and namespace you found
somewhere ?

Thanks and regards
,

Pierre