[MOBY-dev] Problem to register a lot of datatypes

Pieter Neerincx pieter.neerincx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:34:14 UTC 2009

Hi Julien,

On 23 Feb 2009, at 10:43, Julien Wollbrett wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I write a plugin to Protégé. It is writen in Java. This  plugin
> parse an OWL file (with Jena) store all OWL classes and these
> restrictions in a Mobydatatype Vector and try to register all
> datatypes.
> I now store all datatypes informations into my Vector but when I try
> to register all datatypes to a central registry I have an error
> message. This message is writen for small number of datatypes I try
> to register.
> The message is:
>
>      *object failed to register due to failure during registration
> of ISA/HASA relationships.  Message returned was Object will have
> conflicting articleName hasSpiciness; Mild
> *
> For example this message is written when I try to register the class
> SundriedTomatoTopping which is a class of the Pizza example ontology
> (include to protégé examples).
> When I show the toString() method for this class the result is:
>
> Name:    SundriedTomatoTopping
> Auth:    j.w at cirad.fr
> Desc:    temporary test description (use when ontology class has no
> description)
> Contact: cirad.fr
> LSID:    urn:lsid:biomoby.org:objectclass:SundriedTomatoTopping:2009-20-2T14-43-34Z
> Parents: TomatoTopping
> Children (only those registered here): *hasSpiciness (HAS) => Mild*
>
> I don't know why I have a conflicting articleName. I have only one
> HAS relation. I have no problem with others datatype which has "HAS/
> HASA" relationships.
> Is it possible that this conflict is because parent datatype
> (TomatoTopping) has the same HAS relationship?

Yes, that appears to be the case. If SundriedTomatoTopping ISA
TomatoTopping it will inherit the hasSpiciness child from the parent.
You cannot specify another child with the same articleName attribute...

Cheers,

Pi

> The toString() method for the TomatoTopping datatype is:
>
> Name:    TomatoTopping
> Auth:    j.w at cirad.fr
> Desc:    temporary test description (use when ontology class has no
> description)
> Contact: cirad.fr
> LSID:    urn:lsid:biomoby.org:objectclass:TomatoTopping:2009-20-2T14-43-34Z
> Parents: VegetableTopping
> Children (only those registered here): *hasSpiciness (HAS) => Mild
>
> *Kind regards,
>
> Julien Wollbrett*
> *

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034

Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen