[MOBY-dev] correspondence between service and executable.

Sergio Ramirez Ramirez srramirez at uma.es
Thu Oct 2 07:48:15 UTC 2008

Hi Jason,

As you said, there are registered services with the same binaries that
you have. Why don't you, instead of register a new service, make a
mirror of the existing ones?.

In our group we are preparing an proposal to make MOBY support these.
The document is available in this link
(http://chirimoyo.ac.uma.es/proposals/BioMOBY_Mirroring.pdf). The
implementation is almost finished and could be a good opportunity for
discuss a protocol for request a new mirror, ask the owner for the code,
etc.

This protocol can help you to search for the services you are
interesting in, because although you can use the API provided for MOBY,
the service could not have the information about the binary used in it,
maybe in the name but is not sure.

What do you think?.