[MOBY-dev] Secure (Java) Biomoby web services

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Nov 28 14:29:11 UTC 2008

Hi Dimitry,

thanks for your comments. Of course it would be great to have a SSL
connection without the problem of having and managing the certificates.
In my tutorial i dont explain the configuration of SSL as this can be
found on the internet and I dont propose the way of a certificate-less SSL.
But its an interesting idea and I will try to see if I find any solution
for this and let you know if i find something.... and please keep me
uptodate if you find something :)

Dmitry Repchevsky wrote:
> Another comment is that in your web.xml you don't protect the service
> using SSL, to do so you must specify

> <user-data-constraint>
>     <transport-guarantee>CONFIDENTIAL</transport-guarantee>
> </user-data-constraint>
thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers
Andreas

  Dipl. Bioinf. Andreas Groscurth
  Software developer
  Plant Computational Biology group
  Max-Planck Institute for plant breeding research
  Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
  50829 Cologne
  Germany
  +49(0) 221 5062449