[MOBY-dev] JAX-WS BioMoby API (2nd round).

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 16 17:47:05 UTC 2008

>> I'm trying to figure out if I can avoid the endorsed lib issue in
>> Java 5 for JAXB 2.1 somehow
>
> Why do you need "endorsed" for Java5? Java5 has no any JAXB
> implementation in it. Just use it as any other libraries.
Ah yes, sorry, I meant Java6.  I'm installing update4, which should
hopefully avoid the issue I get with update 3:

java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap
classloader, but this RI (from
jar:file:/export/home/gordonp/projects/moby-live/Java/lib/jaxb-impl.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place
jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)