[MOBY-dev] JAX-WS BioMoby API (2nd round).

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Wed Jan 16 17:14:00 UTC 2008

> Hopefully by next month we'll be able to handle document-encoded
> messages in SOAP::Lite.  This has been the limitation so far...

So finally we would be able to do something like this?

@WebMethod
MobyMessage runXXXService(MobyMessage message);

:-)

As José María pointed out:

> although you cannot have an XML schema for MOBY messaging taking into account
> the whole ontology (unless you regenerate it each time the ontology is
> changed), you can create an XML schema which at least can be used to validate
> the fixed part of MOBY messages, using xsd:any in those places where you can
> put a MOBY object.

This is exactly what I have done with MobyCore (but being more fluent
with Java than XML using JAXB directly).

in schema it looks like:
<xs:any processContents="lax" namespace="##other" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

while in java code:
@XmlAnyElement(lax = true)

Cheers,