[MOBY-dev] Yay Funding!

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jan 8 16:44:15 UTC 2008

I've been waiting for Eddie to finish the migration to a pure-perl
codebase before making the 1.0 release.  I think it's done now...??  The
last thing we needed to manage was the caching of RDF since RDF::Core is a
painfully slow module when it comes to on-the-fly RDF creation.

If Eddie confirms that we're done, I'll make the 1.0 release right away.

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 02:04:30 -0800, Andreas Groscurth
<groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so lets celebrate for that :-)
>
> But just curiosity... Did i miss Moby 1.0 ? Shouldn't be with a number
> also
> somewhere a corresponding version in the cvs ?
>
> What I miss is that someone can build any software with Moby 1.0 or what
> ever... the cvs is still unversioned as I can see...
>
> I would love to see different branches. Currently it can happens that
> with
> changes in the Moby API software is not working. If this had be
> versionized,
> the API could change but software could still work with Version xy.
>
> Maybe I missed something - of course its awesome to have money for
> Moby2...
> but from my point of view Moby 1 is still missing stuff (versionizing at
> the
> top) ?
>
> Are there any plans to invite some kind of versions into Moby API ?
>
> I'm really like to discuss things further, I'm just afraid that there are
> several issues still alive and everyone is just thinking of Moby 2.
>
> my 2 cents
> andreas
>
> On Tuesday 08 January 2008 00:08, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So after last week's disappointment from Genome Canada, I got news this
>> morning that the Canadian Institutes of Health Research have funded
>> CardioSHARE (a.k.a. Moby 2.0) for $500,000!!!  We now have almost $1M to
>> invest in Moby 2 :-)
>>
>> Here we go!!
>>
>> Mark

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.