[MOBY-dev] Decisions from the BioHackathon

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Wed Feb 13 16:56:25 UTC 2008

Hello,

As a java developer I'm completely happy with document-literal services.
Should I understand that from this moment all *new* services should be
preferably document-literal ones?

> Some considerations that
> arise from this are:  (a) you must now remove the XML header from your
> data if you're using document-literal, and therefore (b) clients and
> services need to specify the appropriate character encoding (e.g. UTF-8)
> in the SOAP XML header.

Could someone explain this please?

Now Moby passes the Moby part (xml) as a String SOAP parameter. What
changes if I pass this string using "document-literal" encoding?
The service still needs to parse the "moby" XML.

Cheers,

Dmitry