[MOBY-dev] It's worse than that... she's dead, Jim!

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Nov 30 17:07:36 UTC 2007

Well, Moby Central is dead dead dead!  We're not sure if it is a hard
drive crash or a motherboard problem, but regardless, it doesn't look
promising.  I'm waiting on the definitive word from our sysadmin for how
long it will take to fix.  If it's more than a day or two, then I guess
this makes the migration decision for us!

I'm swiching the redirect on biomoby.org to point to the server in Calgary
right now.  If you have CVS updated your Perl libraries you will
immediately start using the new registry when that happens.

To migrate Taverna, edit the taverna/conf/mygrid.properties file to point
to the new MOBY Central:  http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/MOBY-Central.pl

Gbrowse-moby is also running on the new server:
http://moby.ucalgary.ca/gbrowse_moby

There will be a variety of things that *don't* work - e.g. the registry
encyclopedia, etc. but I think most of the core functionality is available
on the new machine already.  Of course, almost all of *my* services are
going to be dead, since they were running on that machine.  I'll try to
get them running again ASAP.

I'll keep you all updated throughout the day, and hopefully we'll know
enough to make a final decision tonight.

Best wishes!

Mark

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.