[MOBY-dev] Problems with http://biomoby.org/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Mon Nov 26 15:25:25 UTC 2007

hi,

mhm...

running it from the parser it also works for me... the following not:

public class TestMoby {
    public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception {
       Central central =  new CentralCachedCallsImpl( );
       MobyService mobyService = new MobyService();
       mobyService.setCategory("");
       mobyService.setAuthority("arabidopsis.info");
       mobyService.setName("NASCArraysGeneswingerByAGI");
       mobyService = central.findService(mobyService)[0];

       MobyRequest request = new MobyRequest( central );
       request.setService( mobyService );
       request.setInput( new MobyDataObject( "AGI_LocusCode", "At2g21050" ) );

       MobyContentInstance contentInstance = request.invokeService();
    }
}

First it takes a eternity to get the data types - maybe this is just a current
(and also a local) issue, but thats the feeling i get, compared to the calles
some weeks ago.

Second - this is the output I get:
 Fetching data type ontology from http://biomoby.org/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects
Cannot parse MOBY Service Type Ontology: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.biomoby.shared.extended.DataTypeParser.getMobyDataTypesFromRDF(DataTypeParser.java:182)
	at org.biomoby.shared.MobyDataType.loadDataTypes(MobyDataType.java:103)
	at org.biomoby.shared.MobyDataType.getDataType(MobyDataType.java:144)
	at org.biomoby.shared.data.MobyDataObject.<init>(MobyDataObject.java:78)
	at org.biomoby.shared.data.MobyDataObject.<init>(MobyDataObject.java:73)
	at test.TestMoby.main(TestMoby.java:28)
Fetching namespace ontology from
http://biomoby.org/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Namespaces
There are 1 collections in response 1
Fetching data type ontology from http://biomoby.org/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects

So - the namespaces are apparently ok - but it keeps trying to get the data
types.... and always ends up in the Nullpointer.

Any ideas?
thanks
andreas

--