[MOBY-dev] Tentative plan for the MOBY Central move

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sun Nov 25 09:14:08 UTC 2007

The problem is that i cannot find a way to automatically redirect SOAP
calls from the old MOBY Central to the new MOBY Central.  This is possibly
because I do not fully understand the Apache redirect mechanism, but my
Google searches have told me that redirecting a POST (as we would need to
do with MOBY Central) is not trivial, and is not supported by any native
Apache configuration directive.

So... I don't think this change can be "silent". I think we all need to
update at the same time.

I wish it could be silent!  If you know a way to do it, please tell me,
because I haven't found a way in my own exploration of the problem...