[MOBY-dev] Secondary Parameters question.

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:08:19 UTC 2007

Hi Dmitry,

The secondary parameters are one per request, i.e.

for a single request,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<moby:MOBY xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
  <moby:mobyContent>
    <moby:mobyData moby:queryID="sip_1_">
      <moby:Simple moby:articleName="sequence">
        <moby:FASTA moby:id="" moby:namespace="" />
      </moby:Simple>
      <moby:Parameter moby:articleName="evalue">
        <moby:Value>10</moby:Value>
      </moby:Parameter>
    </moby:mobyData>
  </moby:mobyContent>
</moby:MOBY>

and for multiple requests:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<moby:MOBY xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
  <moby:mobyContent>
    <moby:mobyData moby:queryID="sip_1_">
      <moby:Simple moby:articleName="sequence">
        <moby:FASTA moby:id="" moby:namespace="" />
      </moby:Simple>
      <moby:Parameter moby:articleName="evalue">
        <moby:Value>10</moby:Value>
      </moby:Parameter>
    </moby:mobyData>
    <moby:mobyData moby:queryID="sip_2_">
      <moby:Simple moby:articleName="sequence">
        <moby:FASTA moby:id="" moby:namespace="" />
      </moby:Simple>
      <moby:Parameter moby:articleName="evalue">
        <moby:Value>10</moby:Value>
      </moby:Parameter>
    </moby:mobyData>
  </moby:mobyContent>
</moby:MOBY>

Secondary parameters are optional parameters and usually a service provider
will choose defaults for them. If you want to specify parameters for both
inputs (mobyData) blocks, then you will have to specify them twice.

Does this clarify the situation?

Eddie