[MOBY-dev] Handling of different LSIDs if the services are equal

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Jan 17 15:13:49 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I have the following situation:

I have two local repositories. One is used as my central repository, the other
one as a secondary repository. My central repository was updated via my
syncronisation procedure from the BioMoby central and the secondary
repository was initialised with the database dumps from BioMoby.

I found out that the LSID of a service is changed or updated if a service is
registered at a central, so now I have the situation that if I run the update
mechanism for the secondary repository, that services may have different
LSIDs (because of an update of the central rep.), but the services are equal.

In my application I check whether the LSDIs have changed and if so, I call the
RDFagent to apply the changes. The agent by itself calls a internal
comparison method to check if the services are different or equal.

So my question is how to handle services with different LSIDs which are
actually equal, which means, where the LSID has only changed due to local
registration ?

One possibility could be not to compare the LSID but to use the comparasion
method as it is used in the RDFagent.

Another thought is, if two services differ only in the LSID, but are actually
equal, shall the 'older' service just get the LSID from the younger one ?

Thanks for your input
Andreas

--
Andreas Groscurth