[MOBY-dev] http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/authority/ValidateService?getDeadServices

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:39:26 UTC 2007

Okay, adding that information into findservice wont actually speed things
up, because the code will have to get that information somewhere. That
somewhere is from lsid ... so the question is, what came first the chicken
or the egg ;-)

Seriously though, if you want to include this info, isALive will have to
become part of the api and be stored in the db. Otherwise, you might save
1-4 seconds, and still wait 6 seconds per service.

Eddie