[MOBY-dev] http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/authority/ValidateService?getDeadServices

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Apr 3 19:34:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:30:47 -0700, Edward Kawas <edward.kawas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey, that takes into account the whole LSID resolution protocol!

Sure, but that's what I mean!  If Paul is discovering 100 services, at 10
seconds per service, his users are going to delete Seahawk from their
hard-drives faster than they even get their first pop-up menu!

I'm not laying blame, I'm just pointing out that we have to either make
the LSID stuff run a whole lot faster (like 100X), or we have to abandon
it for the time being because it really isn't helping... (and you know
that I *love* LSIDs!)