[MOBY-dev] http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/authority/ValidateService?getDeadServices

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Tue Apr 3 19:34:06 UTC 2007

ROTFL!  When I ask "What can I do with a DNASequence?", I get lets say
150 services, that means I'm waiting 25 minutes to find out if they are
pingable...adding it to findService would be a lot nicer as it's a
pretty basic piece of information.  If you want to be nicer for
compatibility, don't report isAlive, but at least allow an incoming
fidServicerequest to restrict the answers to those that are alive...