[MOBY-dev] http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/authority/ValidateService?getDeadServices

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:41:19 UTC 2007

I like Duncan's explanation.

Anyways, they aren't all 'invalid' services. And the reason we shouldn't
dump them all is that maybe they are behind a firewall that we cant reach,
etc.

BTW, according to
http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/authority/ValidateService?getStats=t
rue

There are 897 alive services and 231 'dead' ones, for a roughly 80% up rate.
I would point out that just a year ago, the number of dead services was as
high as 40%.

I don't like having the dead services around, but there may be reason why we
cant hit them and so we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water!
Hopefully soon in Taverna we will be able to finally optionally filter out
dead services and this wont really be an issue!

Eddie